ROLE | A Designer occupies the mid-level creative position in our company. He or she is expected to take full creative, fiscal, and production responsibility for most projects.
- Meets with clients. Defines project parameters. Estimates costs with the Senior Marketing Representative. Develops innovative ideas and concepts. Presents and helps “sell” work to clients. Supervises print production.
- Secondary responsibilities: Selects and monitors outside vendors as appropriate. Helps train Junior Designers.
- BA degree in graphic design preferred.
- Macintosh literacy, 3-5 years working experience as an art director or graphic designer, and proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop required. Proficiency with Dreamweaver and Flash helpful.
- Strong creative ability. Ability to work productively with clients. Recognition of project creativity/profitability tradeoffs. Some business understanding and financial skills.
- Eligibility for promotion to Senior Designer expected within 4 years. Possibility for promotion to Creative Director or Senior Marketing Representative.
- This is a professional position and is exempt from most federal and state labor laws.
- Reports to Senior Designer or President as designated.
ROLE | Manages current clients. Manages projects, budgets and deliverables. Works closely with VP Sales/Marketing and lead creatives. Acts as a liaison between client and creative team.
- Manages the processes and services of the internal account, design, and production team. Formats estimates, creative briefs, timelines, status reports, project initiation and project request forms, client contact reports, change orders and other documentation as needed.
- Initiates preparation for team and project meetings/conferences.
- Reviews and presents concepts/layouts/copy to the client for approval.
- Ensures proper detail execution and timeliness of deliverables.
- Is accessible to help team members/clients at all times.
- Responsible for preparation of add on business and monitoring completion of deliverables per proposals and contracts.
- Initiates client billing and projections on a weekly basis.
- 5+ years experience with competitive firms.
- Bachelor’s degree (Graduate degree preferred).
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Client service mentality; ability to foster and manage relationships.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet both internal timelines and external deadlines.
- Strategic, intelligent and creative thinker.
- Ability to present and persuade senior level clients.
- Comfort in using the various resources available for research.
- A desire to learn, be challenged and be an instrumental part of a growing company.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work well in a team and to shine as an individual.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel.
- Branding and creative history a plus.