LUBER-FINER EXTREME CLEAN HD
CO-BRANDING INNOVATION CASE STUDY
DeanHouston, Inc., a business-to-business marketing communications firm, tasked Kennedy Creative with developing the branding and merchandising for a new premium heavy duty cabin air filtration product for Luber-finer®. The filter’s technology innovations included the air cleaning benefits of activated charcoal and Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to remove odors from cabins in heavy duty trucks, construction, mining, agricultural, marine, and other industrial equipment.
- A category audit was conducted to review existing competitor brand standards and messaging.
- Brand conception and development required naming, logo design, packaging design, new brand standards, and product messaging.
- Managed two brand standards (Luber-finer and Arm & Hammer) which required creative direction and maintenance of logos, font styles, and color standards for all imaging, products, and packaging.
- Co-branded merchandising materials included counter displays, floor displays, POS merchandising materials, Retail Ready and
- Shelf Ready Packaging.
- Organized internal creative workflow process, developed prototypes of various graphic adaptations, and directed print production with packaging suppliers.
Kennedy Creative managed and directed the entire creative process for Luber-finer’s new brand, Extreme Clean HD Premium Cabin Air Filters. The brand conception and development process involved several phases and creative decision steps that required input and direction from company stakeholders, internal go-to-market principals, designers and external vendors. Our experience proved valuable with implementation of a virtual design platform that:
- Enabled real-time visibility from all participants
- Efficiently established new brand standards
- Effectively leveraged input from relevant creative design contributors
- Increased design approval turnaround time
- Reduced graphic and messaging error rates
- Expanded customer recognition with Retail Ready and
- Shelf Ready Packaging
- Maintained strong brand presence with merchandising that did not dilute the brand family